Westgate Dental supports the National No Smoking Day, 14 March 2018.
This year the theme is #TellUsYourWay, which encourages people to share what worked for them in helping to quit.
There are a number of ways to quit smoking.
The British Heart Foundation recommends the following:
- Pick a quitting DATE – it should be a date when your stress levels will be minimal
- Write down all the reasons WHY you want to quit
- If possible, plan to quit smoking with a FRIEND for shared support
- GET RID of smoking reminders, e.g. ashtrays, lighters etc
- Make use of available SERVICES for help and support. NHS Stop Smoking Service and Quit 4 Life which is Hampshire based, both have trained specialists to help you through the tough times.
- The possible use of nicotine REPLACEMENTS
- Try and stay ACTIVE
- REWARD yourself if you’ve reached a milestone!